Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 2 Dad


It's Father's Day, and I was unable to be with my Dad who lives a couple of states away. He is truly one of my favorite people in the world. He's a man who enjoys simple things - mowing his lawn, helping his friends (and strangers), a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup, his church. His example of being a servant is one I will do well to emulate.

His name is Delmar which seems just perfect for him. I like how this lettering turned out and enjoy the obvious disconnect between the memories the name conjures for me and the way the fluid, formal letters look. I drew the letters by hand and then outlined them in Illustrator. One could finesse this type of lettering forever, but I've just given a good first try.

I love you, Pop.

2 comments:

  1. It truly is a great name. You drew it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I couldn't have said more - well I might talk more, but NOT better.

    ReplyDelete